Partner - Andrew M. Howard
Bank of America Plaza
901 Main Street, Suite 3300
Dallas, Texas 75202
Andrew M. Howard's practice includes patent litigation, complex commercial litigation, and litigation on behalf of those who suffered catastrophic injury or death.
Mr. Howard's commercial litigation clients have pursued or faced claims for patent infringement, trade secret misappropriation, trademark and trade dress infringement, director and officer liability, breach of contract, business divorce, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, negligence, product liability, and assault. Mr. Howard's commercial clients operate in variety of industries, including consumer electronics, medical devices, manufacturing, software development, and oilfield development and natural resource collection.
Before attending law school at Washington & Lee University School of Law, Mr. Howard obtained an engineering degree from the University of Florida.
- Represented university entity in breach of contract claim; established sovereign immunity from removed federal action and from participation in IPR at the Patent Trial and Appeal Board; successfully defended removal proceeding at the Federal Circuit; obtained partial summary judgment at state court; obtained confidential settlement.
- Represented defendant in breach of lease agreement seeking seven-figure damages; obtained nonsuit after taking two-day corporate representative deposition.
- Represented plaintiff in trade secret misappropriation case against competitor in the high-fidelity audio collection and exploration field; obtained seven-figure settlement.
- Represented international research institution in patent case relating to consumer electronics; obtained favorable Markman ruling after two-day hearing.
- Represented multiple large educational institutions in enforcing patent portfolios relating to LEDs, semiconductors, and health-care industries in district courts throughout the United States.
- Represented parents and estate in oil-field wrongful death lawsuit; obtained seven-figure settlement.
- Represented plaintiff in breach of fiduciary duty case resulting in jury verdict; obtained ten-figure money judgment.
- Represented plaintiff in breach of stock purchase agreement arbitration; obtained seven-figure recovery and all attorneys' fees.
- Represented defendant in license negotiations relating to alleged patent infringement; reduced exposure by factor of more than 10 prior to significant discovery or cases expenses.
- Represented client in warranty/defective product lawsuit; obtained seven-figure settlement.
- Represented plaintiff in negligence case regarding damage to plastic injection molding manufacturing equipment; obtained six-figure settlement.
- Represented patent infringement plaintiff in variety of actions against various importers of infringing goods; obtained multiple judgments prohibiting import or sale.
- Represented defendant in eight-figure trademark infringement case; obtained favorable settlement.
- Represented defendant in seven-figure trademark infringement case asserted by internationally famous distributor of designer clothing; procured favorable settlement.
- Represented plaintiff in patent infringement case against large international REIT; obtained favorable settlement, including remuneration and enforcement mechanisms.
- J.D., magna cum laude, Washington and Lee University School of Law
- B.S., Engineering Science, University of Florida, Minors in Biomechanics and Business.
- Recognized as a Texas Rising Star in 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 (less than 2.5% of lawyers under the age of 40 are elected as "Rising Stars")
- Recognized as one of the "Up-and-Coming 100" lawyers in 2017.