University Counselling and LicensingShore Chan helps universities and research institutions around the world develop, commercialize, license, and enforce their intellectual property. The firm works hand-in-hand with technology transfer offices, inventors, and university counsel to maximize returns on university-developed technology and innovation.
The Firm has substantial experience in balancing university objectives of protecting, enforcing, and commercializing intellectual property while respecting the university clients' interests in institutional integrity and reputation.
Shore Chan represents several pre-eminent research institutions, including:
- The Board of Regents of The University of Texas System
- California Institute of Technology
- Industrial Technology Research Institute of Taiwan
- The Trustees of Boston University
- The University of Florida Research Foundation
- University of Virginia Patent Foundation
- Purdue Research Foundation
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- The State University of New York Research Foundation
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The University of Electronic Science & Technology China
- The Penn State Research Foundation